ARL Weekly News – November 11, 2022
Research site visits in NYC and CT November 10-11, 2022.
On Thursday, November 10, Nebila Lichiheb joined John Sullivan (NASA/GSFC), Christoph Senff (NOAA/CSL) and Scott Sandberg (NOAA/CSL) to visit the elevated AEROMMA (Atmospheric Emissions and Reactions Observed from Megacities to Marine Areas) ground site at the City University of New York (CUNY ASRC). In addition to meetings with Maria Tzortziou (CUNY-CREST), Ricardo Toledo-Crow (CUNY-ASRC) and Kyle Turner (CUNY) Nebila had a tour of the university campus. The visit included the ASRC rooftop with their Pandora spectrometer system and learning more about their air quality monitoring program.
We also had the opportunity to meet with the City College of New York (CCNY) Lidar team (Fred Moshary and Mark Arend) and tour their facilities.
On Friday, November 11, we visited the air quality monitoring station at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport, CT. Then we went to Guilford, CT to meet with Drew Gentner (Yale University) and visit the Yale Coastal Field Station (YCFS). We had a tour of the YCFS and learned more about their eddy covariance measurements and the planned measurements for the AEROMMA campaign. Dr. Lichiheb took the needed measurements to decide where we can collocate our atmospheric NH3 measurements. We also had the opportunity to discuss potential collaborations between the different research teams.
ARL Postdoc Openings posted.
These positions will be hired through ARL’s CI partners:
- In-Canopy NOAA-OAR-WPO Project, Postdoctoral Research Fellow: https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/55689
- Postdoctoral Research Associate – Fire DSRA: https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/55663
- Postdoctoral Research Associate – IIJA (2 Positions): https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/55668
- Postdoctoral Research Associate – Dust DSRA: https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/55665
- Postdoctoral Research Associate – Land Atmosphere Interactions: https://ciwro.ou.edu/career-description?job_id=44
Evaluation of the SoilVUE10 Time Domain Reflectometry system for soil water measurements in testbed field conditions has been accepted in the Vadose Zone Journal. Authors include ARL’s Timothy B. Wilson, John Kochendorfer, Howard J. Diamond, Tilden P. Meyers, Mark Hall, Brent French, LaToya Myles, and Rick D. Saylor.