ARL conducts research to gain new insights into atmospheric dispersion, atmospheric chemistry, climate change, and the complex behavior of the atmosphere near the Earth’s surface, called the atmospheric boundary layer. Our mission is to provide the highest quality atmospheric and meteorological research and services to our partners, the research community, and society to protect human health and the environment.
The following plans guide ARL Research and Development:
- ARL Strategic Plan 2015-2020, (, 1.22 MB)
- OAR Strategic Plan, April 2014, (, 2.46 MB)
- NOAA 5 Year Research and Development Plan, 2013-2017, (, 2.74 MB)
- NOAA Next Generation Strategic Plan, 2010, (, 602 KB)
- Department of Commerce Strategic Plan 2014-2018, (, 5.08 MB)