How do I calculate and visualize backward and forward trajectories for our air pollution monitoring station on the READY website?
Start by going to the HYSPLIT READY website at: http://ready.arl.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT.php
- click on either “run with forecast data” or “run with archived data”
- choose a dataset that covers your area.
- enter the lat./lon. of your station in the boxes provided
- fill out the form for forward or backward, date/time, starting height of trajectories, and model duration.
- click “Request trajectory”
- write down your ID number and click “HYSPLIT run results”
- This page will reload until the run is done (a few minutes)
- the model is finished without errors when the link to “Trajectory plot” is shown.