Climate Variability and Change Analysis Datasets
Each of the available datasets has been used in studies that have been published
in peer-reviewed journals. We request that data users reference the relevant articles. Thank you.
Datasets available via data centers and journals:
- Climatological planetary boundary layer heights over the U.S. and
Europe, available from J. Geophysical Research,
et al. 2012)
- Climatology of Arctic and Antarctic surface-based inversions, available from J. Climate,
(Zhang et al. 2011)
Atmospheric Temperature Products for Assessing Climate (RATPAC)
developed by Free et al. (2005, Reprint) are
regularly updated and available from NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.
- Our tropical tropopause, stratosphere, and tropopause climatological datasets (Seidel et al. 2001,
) are available at the Stratospheric Processes and Their Role in Climate
(SPARC) Data Center.
- An update of our U.S. extreme
heat dataset (Gaffen and Ross 1998
Reprint) is available from the NOAA National Climatic Data Center. The original dataset
is on the ARL site (Heat
- An updated version of our radiosonde station history meta-dataset (Gaffen 1993, 1996) is also
available from the National Climatic Data Center, as part of the
Radiosonde Archive (IGRA). The original version is available on the ARL site
(Radiosonde Station Metadata).
- Radiosonde and Microwave Sounding Unit satellite upper-air temperature datasets used by
Seidel et al. (2004,
are available via the
Journal of Climate's electronic supplement.
Datasets archived on the NOAA Air Resources Laboratory website include:
In some cases responsible scientists are no longer active. For
questions, please contact: ARL Webmaster